Monday, November 14, 2011

3 Quick & Easy Decor Projects

I decided to put these three projects in one post, because I am rarin' to move on to my Christmas blogging. Can you say gifts and decor and great ideas?

Project 1-Here are the spooky Halloween branches from our front deck. By the end of a wild and windy week they were looking shabby and tired. But no problem!

Dollar Store clearance sale, two packs of fake leaves for a dollar. Score!
I took the cobwebs and bat garland off the branches and straightened them up in the urn with florist foam and duct tape. The urn, by the way, was a clearance item at Kmart for $1.66!! I added the leaves with hot glue and.......

...voila! Now it is a colorful vertical accent in the corner of the living room. I like it alot. And when I switch to Christmas decor, a blast of my heat gun will loosen those leaves so I can add snowflakes, etc. A bit of fabric draped at the base hides the foam and duct tape.

Project 2-This project uses a Dollar Store vine wreath and satiny fabric in fall colors. I made oversize rosette flowers, two and a half to three inches across.

I wanted them bigger so I could use less of them. I love the shiny sheen of the fabric against the two cream muslin rosettes.

Hot glue is my friend. Way way back in the sixties I would have wired all this stuff in place.Thrift store leaf bunches are the perfect touch, but not too many so the twiggy wreath can show through.

Project 3-Here's a quick way to dress up and display your pumpkins, real and fake. Taking more of those Dollar Store leaves, hot glue them around the rim of a candlestick, of glass, metal or wood.

Or, glue the fake leaves around the bottom of your pumpkin. This gives it a nice ruff of color.

Perch your pumpkins on the candlesticks for a colorful display. Here they are on my baker's rack, all switched over from my black and white Halloween. I added gold berry picks and propped it on the top shelf, along with a bunch of leaves in a spray painted bottle and my silver button blingy decor ball.



I'll be switching this all over to Christmas decor right after Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if I can pull off a black, white and silver Christmas theme on this rack. I guess we'll all find out!

I'll be linking up to the fun parties in my sidebar. Come check them out and join the fun!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love the tree branches with leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty projects! I love using nature!
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fall decor! Your halloween decor must of taken days to dismantle. It was amazing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of it. Especially the fall tree. I'll have to remember that for next fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute projects! I love that you are using those branches from Halloween until Christams, and maybe beyond since snowflakes are good all winter. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those leaves too! I LOVE what you did with them. :D

    Gabby
    The...Late, Young Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, friend! I'm admiring all the creativity here. Can you please join me at my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a score on that urn!! Very nice!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reminder, Ann. I have a branch I used for Halloween too. Gonna spray it white, I think. Love how we're on the same wavelength :D

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...